Established in 1904 in Manchester, Rolls-Royce (LSE: RR) has a long history of producing quality products in automobiles, power systems, and jet engines. In more recent times, the company has shifted its attention to the use of green fuels and nuclear energy. This is alongside its flagship engine business. I think this is a great stock for the long term – let’s take a closer look. Sustainable aviation fuels (SAFs)
February 2021 marked the first time Rolls-Royce successfully tested the practicality of SAFs on one of its jet engines. The test was conducted near Berlin and involved SAFs composed of renewable products. This includes cooking oil and agricultural waste. It is all part of Rolls-Royce’s plan to achieve net zero carbon emissions by 2050. This tells me that the company is operating with a long-term view in mind. Cleaner air travel will be essential for the aviation industry […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fool.co.uk
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!