Uranium mining stocks are glowing a bright, clear green in Thursday morning trading — up 10% and more across the board. As of 11:15 p.m. ET, shares of Energy Fuels (NYSEMKT: UUUU) have risen 11.3%, while tiny Ur-Energy (NYSEMKT: URG) is tacking on 13%. Meanwhile, Uranium Energy (NYSEMKT: UEC) is leading the pack higher with a startling 16.8% gain.
There’s one good reason for it: Uranium prices have turned north again. So what
Uranium is a volatile commodity . As investor hopes for a revival of nuclear power plant building have waxed and waned, uranium prices have experienced some serious ups and downs over the past couple of years. Per pound, prices of uranium rose more than 40% between mid-March and late May 2020, for example, then rose more than 60% between August and September last year, and most recently notched another 40%-plus gain between February and April […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content