Although Canada is mostly known for its wealth of gold, copper and nickel, it is also the second largest global uranium producer, accounting for approximately 15 percent of global production.
As the world continues to stare down an impending climate crisis, nuclear power has emerged as a compelling and reliable source of clean energy . Because of this, demand for uranium — a crucial nuclear fuel source — is expected to increase considerably in the coming years.
According to the International Energy Agency, nuclear power generation grew in 2021, with output rising to 8 percent above 2019 levels . Although early 2022 was marked by the shutdown of three German plants , the overall outlook for nuclear energy nevertheless remains positive, buoyed considerably by the global focus on climate change .
Case in point, there are currently 440 operable reactors worldwide and a total of 55 reactors being constructed in […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content