The first quarter of 2022 has been marked by huge uncertainty and volatility in the stock markets. The Ukraine conflict coupled with inflationary pressures and the Fed’s tightening policy has made investors jittery. Additionally, a resurgence of virus cases in China that has sparked global economic growth concerns added to the chaos.
While most corners of the market are in the red from a year-to-date look, a few have performed well. VanEck Vectors Oil Services ETF OIH, SPDR S&P Metals & Mining ETF XME, VanEck Vectors Steel ETF SLX, SonicShares Global Shipping ETF BOAT and North Shore Global Uranium Mining ETF URNM have gained in double-digits so far this year.
These funds have been the quarter’s star performers and could also be winners next quarter if the current trends continue. First-Quarter Market Trend
The ongoing Russia-Ukraine war has led to supply disruption fears in an already-tight commodity market. As Russia is […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content