The big question right now is what will Putin do next? Last week U.S President Biden banned Russian oil and gas imports . Will Russia respond by banning uranium exports to the USA? That would certainly cause a huge drama given that Russia largely controls the uranium market ( 41% of supply from Kazakhstan, 6% from Russia) and the USA’s dependence on uranium to power 19% of the electricity grid and a significant part of its navy which is nuclear powered.
In anticipation of a possible Russian uranium export ban or supply shock, the uranium price has been moving higher since the war began. At the current uranium price of US$60/lb the outlook for uranium producers is looking dramatically improved.
Uranium prices have spiked higher since the Russia-Ukraine war began on February 24, 2022 Ur-Energy Inc. (NYSE American: URG | TSX: URE) is among the top two U.S uranium producers […]
Click here to view original web page at investorintel.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!