A slump in oil and gas prices is hurting investor sentiment in uranium stocks.
Uranium Energy ( NYSEMKT:UEC ) stock cracked on Monday and sank as much as 13.2% as of 12:20 p.m. ET. Today’s drop brings the red-hot uranium stock’s unstoppable rally to a grinding halt — Uranium Energy shares had jumped a whopping 90% since Feb. 1 through the end of last week. So what Ironically, the price of uranium is soaring even as I write this. In fact, uranium spot prices have hit their highest level since March 2011 and are hovering around $60 per pound, according to TradingEconomics.com.March 11, 2011 was an historical day that overturned the growth story for uranium companies, thanks to a major earthquake that caused one of the world’s worst nuclear accidents yet at Japan’s Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant. Japan shut down its nuclear reactors […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fool.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!