The uranium market was buoyed this week by the news that Japan is not only looking to restart idled nuclear plants, but also wants to develop next-generation reactors.
Top Stories This Week: Japan News Boosts Uranium, Market Looks for Jackson Hole Clues
Gold saw some upward momentum this week, moving from a low of about US$1,730 per ounce on Monday (August 22) to just over US$1,760 on Thursday (August 25). However, by the time of this writing on Friday (August 26) afternoon, the yellow metal was back down around US$1,737.
Market watchers are eyeing the annual Jackson Hole, Wyoming, economic symposium, which brings together central bankers from the US and other countries. Although it’s separate from the US Federal Reserve’s regularly scheduled meetings, comments made by officials at the event can provide insight on its direction.Fed Chair Jerome Powell spoke on Friday, and prior to his remarks we asked our […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content