In September it was tough to pick a winner on the ASX (Pic: WallStBets/Reddit) share
September 2021 was the worst month for the ASX since March 2020 but the 50 best stocks gained 57% or more.
Despite a positive close on September 30, the ASX finished the month down 2.59% and nearly 4% lower since mid-August.
While the stimulus has allowed the market to shrug off concerns about weak economic growth, central banks indicated the end is nigh – spooking investors. Also provoking the bears was Chinese property developer Evergrande teetering on the brink of collapse.But in better news, the Melbourne Demons won the AFL premiership – in the process making St Kilda the holder of the longest premiership drought.The COVID vaccine roll-out in Australia continued to accelerate from 19,697,498 jabs to 27,750,501. We also entered into the AUKUS pact enabling us to build nuclear-powered submarines.And perhaps not everyone was affected […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content