A newly appointed board of directors is advancing Australian mineral resources company Aura Energy ’s Tiris uranium project , in Mauritania, with gusto. The new board was appointed in December, with members strategically chosen to focus on production.
In a statement on January 20, chairperson Phil Mitchell said the company had identified significant opportunities to expand the Tiris resource and would, therefore, progress the work immediately. “I see Aura driving significant value in the Mauritanian economy . . . as we expand the resource and rapidly bring the project into production,” he added, noting that this would be the key strategic focus for this year.
MARKETS He explained that, during 2021, the rapidly growing demand for nuclear power resulted in the spot uranium price increasing by more than 40% and Aura’s share price increasing by about 260%.
“Globally, countries are refocussing on the critical role that nuclear power plays as a […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content