JacobH/iStock via Getty Images The world has begun to recognize the environmental friendliness of the atom. Now, uranium prices are at the level of $40-45, but soon they may reach $70-80. The energy of the atom has the lowest CO2 emissions in comparison with other types of generation. At the same time, the NPP does not depend on weather conditions and can serve as a stable source of energy around the clock, unlike wind and solar energy. Comparison of CO2 emissions from the generation of 1 GWh of energy with different types of generation Many countries have already begun to assign a large role to the atom in plans to reduce CO2 emissions: The EU is preparing to include nuclear energy in the green list (EU green taxonomy). This will help attract investment in the nuclear energy sector, as well as make the financing of NPP projects cheaper. The […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content