Gold has been on a roll this year and every piece of bad news makes it look like a smarter investment.
That’s because gold comes into its own when times are hard – and they are particularly grim right now. Gold also does well when interest rates are low – and they are at record lows in most parts of the world today.
Buying gold outright or investing in Exchange Traded Funds offer direct exposure to the metal. But there is also the option of buying gold mining shares. Coining it: Chief executive Richard Gray in the mine which has already produced commemorative coins MIDAS UPDATE: There’s even more gold in them thar SCOTTISH hills!
Some investors may find gold alluring but would prefer to keep their cash close to home, supporting businesses and fostering employment on these shores. Scotgold is an intriguing option for anyone falling into this bracket.The company […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content