JP Morgan says bitcoin’s 2020 surge is set to continue as the digital cryptocurrency competes better against gold as an alternative currency. In a note, the financial institution says that with millennials set to become a more important market participant in the coming years, their preference for bitcoin to gold sets up the crypto for future success.
The financial institution’s assessment comes as the digital currency continues to see increasing adoption by institutional investors and an embrace by corporations like payments giant Paypal.
According to a report , JP Morgan estimates the “physical gold market is worth $2.6 trillion, which includes assets held within gold ETFs.” The financial giant deduces that for bitcoin to catch up with gold market value, “the cryptocurrency would have to surge 10x from current levels.”
At the time of writing, the bitcoin market capitalization was at $242.2 billion while the value of one BTC was just […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content