Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) Is the gold market stuck in a zero-sum game as the positive vaccine news is balanced out by high levels of anxiety due to the surging coronavirus cases?
"Investors continue to reassess the risk of stricter containment measures against the optimistic prospects of a vaccine," said ING strategists. "This dichotomy may prove to be a zero-sum game for markets at the moment, and we could see risk sentiment face further stabilization as we head into Thursday’s Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S."
This week saw massive gold-backed ETF outflows, which weighed on the precious metal. But the market held its ground at the critical $1,850 an ounce level and managed to end the week on a slightly more positive note, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content