Gold prices edged higher but remain rangebound. The US dollar moved higher along with US long-term yields but this did not impact the movement of the yellow metal. Gold implied volatility eased after rallying slightly on Thursday. JP Morgan is now forecasting that US growth will contract in the Q1 of 2021, as the virus continues to spread. Technical analysis
Gold prices edged higher but ran into resistance near the 10-day moving average at 1,875. For the week prices declined by 0.84%. Support is seen near the October lows at 1,850. Short-term momentum has turned negative as the fast stochastic generated a crossover sell signal. The current reading on the fast stochastic is 17, below the oversold trigger level of 20, which could foreshadow a correction. Medium-term momentum is neutral to negative as the MACD (moving average convergence divergence) histogram prints in the red with a declining trajectory which […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fxempire.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!