Guy on Rocks’ is a Stockhead series looking at the significant happenings of the resources market each week. Former geologist and experienced stockbroker Guy Le Page, director and responsible executive at Perth-based financial services provider RM Corporate Finance, shares his high conviction views on the market and his “hot stocks to watch”. Market ructions: Sovereign risk and supply disruptions are your friends?
Another compelling round of economic data has come out of China, with apparent steel consumption for the second month of 2021 (2M21) up 22 per cent year-over-year (YoY) (+10.1 per cent December) and net steel exports rising by 34 per cent YoY, according to Citi Research (24 March 2021).
2M21 iron ore imports increased 3 per cent YoY driven by strong growth in steel production, which was up 13 per cent YoY over the same period.
I anticipate China’s steel end-use demand to hold up over 2Q21 but […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content