Gold prices could perform well regardless of who wins the US Presidential election, says research and data company Standard & Poor’s Global Market Intelligence (S&P GMI) and analysts it has consulted with, pointing to low interest-rate policy and potential pandemic-related stimulus.
“While there are many arguments over who will be the next US President, one thing most analysts appear to agree on is that the price of gold will be higher no matter who is in office,” said investment firm Haywood Securities analysts in an October 23 research note. Gold has been on the rise this year, reaching record levels and catching widespread attention as it rallied to a record-breaking $2 000/oz earlier this year. Though the gold price has since pulled back to around $1 900/oz, it has remained at historically high levels amid low to negative interest rates and economic uncertainty related to the ongoing Covid-19 pandemic.
Making a […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content