A Joe Biden win matched by further gains for the Democrats in Senate elections should help gold recover lost ground. For now, it is staring at a third straight monthly drop. Also in this package
New York: Gold headed for a third monthly drop – the longest run since 2019 – as investors favored the dollar as a haven in the final days before next week’s pivotal US presidential election, a contest that coincides with a wave of coronavirus cases ripping through the top economy and Europe.
Uncertainty remains high before the November 3 vote, lifting the dollar’s appeal as a safe asset over bullion. The spread of COVID-19 is intensifying in the US, where new cases topped 86,000 to set a fresh daily record, as well as right across Europe’s leading nations.
Since hitting a record in August, gold’s advance has faltered, with prices losing their upward momentum as investors […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content