Generally, when we think of dividend stocks, we tend to lean toward the traditional dividend growers. Utility stocks, telecoms, and even bank stocks tend to come to mind at first glance. But what if I told you there was a sector where dividends were growing by high double to even triple digits over the last year? That sector, if you can believe it, is gold. Gold companies as income stocks
After several years of austerity and pain, the gold sector is in excellent shape. Companies are increasing payouts quickly as balance sheets are bulging with cash due to a number of reasons.
First of all, gold companies are earning gold at or near all-time highs. Income grew significantly this year even in the face of challenges set by the global pandemic. This is especially true for Canadian companies that also benefit from a low Canadian dollar as gold is […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content