The gold futures contract gained 0.63% on Thursday, as it extended its short-term consolidation following Monday’s 5% sell-off. Gold sold off after global financial markets’ euphoria rally in reaction to Covid-19 vaccine news release. The yellow metal has retraced all of last week’s advance. It came back down to $1,850 price level , as we can see on the daily chart (the chart includes today’s intraday data):
Gold is 0.5% higher this morning, as it is extending yesterday’s advance. What about the other precious metals? Silver gained 0.16% on Thursday and today it is 0.4% higher. Platinum gained 1.83% and today it is 1.1% higher. Palladium gained 1.08% yesterday and today it’s 0.4% higher. So precious metals are higher again this morning .
Yesterday’s U.S. CPI release has been flat at 0.0% vs. expected rise of 0.1%. The Unemployment Claims number has been slightly lower than expected at 709,000. Today we […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content