The major gold miners reported outstanding Q3 results. Their collective gold production not only rebounded sharply from Q2’s lockdowns, but even grew from the comparable prior-year quarter.
That was better performance than global gold miners as a whole. Yet production costs did rise on ongoing COVID-19 mitigation measures and lower ore grades, eroding some potential earnings growth.
But with record-high average gold prices, the major gold miners’ profits still rocketed higher in both unit and bottom-line terms. Their collective earnings from normal operations have never been stronger.The major gold miners’ stocks have been grinding lower on balance for a few months now in a healthy correction. This necessary rebalancing is achieving its mission of dampening enthusiasm, paving the way for this contrarian sector’s next bullish push. Rebounding from governments’ COVID-19 lockdowns, the gold miners reported strong operating and financial results last quarter that fully justify more bull-market gains.The leading and dominant […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content