In Monday’s analysis , I wrote that the market situation is likely to become more specific right before, during, and perhaps shortly after the U.S. presidential elections . And by “specific”, I mean that the markets could begin moving against their previous trends.
Well, that’s precisely what we’ve witnessed so far. The overnight volatility is significant as the markets try to estimate the election outcome, with the odds keep changing quickly. Let’s start today’s market examination with the USD Index.
Yesterday, I indicated that I wouldn’t be surprised to see a corrective move lower that would trigger a brief move higher in the precious metals and mining stocks. I’ve also indicated that such a move would only be temporary, and most likely, it won’t last more than several days.
That’s what we have witnessed. Indeed, the USD Index has moved lower, almost touching the previously broken red resistance line. Yes, it rallied […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content