While there was a modest sequential recovery of 20 per cent on-quarter in the gold jewellery demand, the demand for gold bars and coins saw a sharp surge in the quarter. India’s gold consumer demand has seen a strong rebound in the July-September quarter, however, investment has a bigger role to play than jewellery in the increased demand. Overall gold consumer demand — including jewellery, bars and coins — witnessed a 35.8 per cent growth to 86.6 tonnes on a quarterly basis, said a report from Motilal Oswal Financial Services . While there was a modest sequential recovery of 20 per cent on-quarter in the gold jewellery demand, the demand for gold bars and coins saw a sharp surge in the quarter. With the continued momentum in gold price rise, consumers perceived gold bars and coins as a lucrative investment option, the report added.
Jewellery demand was more severely affected […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content