GOLD PRICES tried but struggled once again on Thursday to recover from this week’s $100 plunge, made after US pharma-giant Pfizer declared successful trials of a Covid-19 vaccine.
Gold priced in US Dollars rallied to $1877 per ounce as longer-term interest rates fell back from their spike and global stock markets also retreated after setting fresh all-time highs on Pfizer’s vaccine news .
Hungary meantime said today it will become the first European Union member to trial Russia’s ‘Sputnik V’ Covid vaccine , "the latest in a series of moves that analysts say prove Budapest is cosying up to Moscow," according to the Financial Times .
"The gold market like all others is built on expectations," said James Steel, chief precious metals analyst at London bullion market-maker and clearer HSBC, "so it needs to recalibrate because we’re not going to get that 15% of GDP fiscal stimulus" proposed by US Democrat Joe […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content