The precious metals market plummeted on the positive vaccine news earlier this week. With an expected V-shaped recovery amplified by the effectiveness of the vaccine, investors shifted their focus from safe-haven assets to risky assets. Following this news, both gold and silver witnessed a sell-off.
However, even if the vaccine clears all the FDA tests for approval, widespread immunization is months away. Economic pain and high unemployment levels require government stimulus, which is long overdue. There are fading hopes for another fiscal stimulus package when the Fed is encouraging both inflation and stimulus.
The global economy continues to remain weak, short-term interest rates remain unchanged, and central banks are continuing with their loose monetary policy. The value of precious metals is inversely linked to the economy. Consequently, investors will soon turn to precious metals in protecting their investments, and hedge against inflation and economic uncertainty.
As ETFs provide a broad and diversified […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content