Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – The U.S. housing market continues to be a bright spot in the U.S. economy as more consumers are buying homes according to the latest data from the National Association of Realtors (NAR).
Thursday, the NAR said Existing home sales increased 4.3%% last month to a seasonally adjusted and annualized rate of 6.85 million units, compared to September’s annualized rate of 6.54 million homes. Economists were expecting to see a sales rate of 6.45 million homes.
For the year home sales are up a whopping 26.6%, the report said."Considering that we remain in a period of stubbornly high unemployment relative to pre-pandemic levels, the housing sector has performed remarkably well this year," said Lawrence Yun, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content