Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) A significant wave of selling in gold-backed exchange-traded funds (ETF) has been weighing on the precious metal, which continued to lose ground Thursday.
At the time of writing, December Comex gold futures were down nearly 1% on the day and trading at $1,857.20 an ounce.
"Gold came under pressure once again yesterday evening after having previously recouped earlier losses. This morning sees it trading at only $1,860 per troy ounce. Massive ETF selling is continuing to weigh on gold: gold ETFs tracked by Bloomberg registered further outflows of 10 tons yesterday," said Commerzbank analyst Carsten Fritsch.
Risk-on sentiment has been encouraging the ETF outflows, noted BMO Capital Markets commodities analyst Colin Hamilton."Gold ETF holdings continue to fall as potential vaccines […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content