Gold prices edged lower and are consolidating just above support levels. The veterans day Holiday in the US helped keep trading in the yellow metal light. The 10-year US treasury yield continued to rise increasing slightly. The dollar moved higher putting downward pressure on gold prices. EU officials reached a compromise on their 7-year budget, helping to pave the way for potentially stronger growth.
Trade gold with FXTM Technical analysis
Gold prices edged lower near support levels which coincides with the September lows at 1,848. Resistance is seen near the 10-day moving average at 1,895 and then the 50-day moving average at 1,908. Short-term momentum is negative as the fast stochastic generated a crossover sell signal. The fast stochastic has accelerated lower and is currently printing a reading of 15, below the oversold trigger level of 20 which could foreshadow a correction. Medium-term momentum has turned negative as the MACD […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content