Gold futures hit their highest level since September 21 on Thursday as traders upped their bets that a Joe Biden victory in the very close U.S. presidential election would lead to larger fiscal stimulus packages. At least that’s what analysts told Reuters.
I tend to think gold futures traded higher because the U.S. Dollar crumbled against a basket of major currencies as investors lifted safe-haven hedges in the greenback. Before the election on Tuesday, investors were buying the U.S. Dollar and selling gold as a precaution against a contested election. Now that it looks like Joe Biden is the clear winner, President Trump will have a hard time tying up the results in court so there would be no need to hold onto the dollar as a hedge.
At 21:36 GMT, December Comex gold futures are trading $1949.50, up $53.30 or +2.81%.
The problem with thinking gold is going higher because of […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content