Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold prices continue to hold near its highest level in six weeks as the Federal Reserve reveals little new information on monetary policy.
In line with expectations the Federal Reserve left interest rates at its zero-bound range. The Fed also noted that economic activity continues to improve but remains well below levels seen at the start of the year.
The Federal Reserve’s monetary policy statement was virtually unchanged from its September meeting.“The path of the economy will depend significantly on the course of the virus. The ongoing public health crisis will continue to weigh on economic activity, employment, and inflation in the near term, and poses considerable risks to the economic outlook over the […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content