A COVID-19 vaccine seems closer after Pfizer announced that its immunization candidate is 90% effective after its 43,500-strong Phase 3 trial. Hopes of a quick solution for the coronavirus pandemic is sending markets higher.
The implication for gold is that the chances of additional vast fiscal and monetary stimulus are diminishing. The US Congress was debating a relief package and the precious metal was moving in response to every twist and turn in the talks.
The levels to watch are $1,880, $1,860, $,850 on the downside, and $1,930, $1965, and $1,972 on the upside. The Relative Strength Index has been flirting with overbought conditions ahead of Pfizer’s announcement and is now falling toward 30, oversold conditions.
XAU/USD four-hour chart: Information on these pages contains forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties. Markets and instruments profiled on this page are for informational purposes only and should not in any way come across as […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content