Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) Markets might not get clear results from the U.S. election on Tuesday, according to StoneX.
After all the electoral votes have all been cast on Tuesday, it is not a given that markets will receive a clear answer on the night of or even on the next day, said Rhona O’Connell, StoneX head of market analysis for EMEA and Asia regions.
“The coming days may well see a contested U.S. election and it is possible that postal votes will take time to count so we cannot be certain of a clear result on Wednesday,” O’Connell said on Monday. “This would almost certainly keep gold steady for a while at least.”
Gold prices plunged below the critical psychological $1,900 an ounce […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content