A private-equity executive put his Burton Place mansion up for sale Friday at $18.75 million, a month after the one next door hit the market at $13.5 million.
The neighbors are the highest-priced homes on the Gold Coast, but not the highest in the city. A Lincoln Park mansion on seven city lots on Burling Street has been priced at $45 million since early 2019.
The highest sale price for a Gold Coast home in recent years is $7.5 million, paid in 2017 for a rehabbed 10,000-square-footer.
The $18.75 million offering on Burton Place is being sold by John “Jay” Jordan, head of New York private-equity firm the Jordan Company, and his wife, Gretchen. They could not be reached for comment. It’s represented by Katherine Malkin of Compass.Jay Jordan bought the building in 1996 for $1.8 million, according to the Cook County Recorder of Deeds. At the time, it was […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content