Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold and silver futures prices are sharply up in midday U.S. trading Thursday, with gold notching a six-week high. The metals are boosted in part by a falling U.S. dollar index in the wake of the U.S. elections. Chart-based buying, including buy stop orders being triggered in the futures markets, was also featured today in both precious metals. Some safe-haven demand in the metals is also seen as the U.S. presidential election result is still up in the air. December gold futures were last up $53.10 at $1,949.20 and December Comex silver was last up $1.312 at $25.205 an ounce.
Traders were awaiting the conclusion of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) meeting […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content