The price of 22 karat gold, which is used in jewellery, has fallen below 50,000 per 10 gms, which has encouraged consumers to buy. Kolkata: The recent softening of the gold price has supported demand for the metal during Dhanteras .
Sales picked up from 11 am on Friday and jewellers are expecting sales during the day to cross those of last year’s Dhanteras. Leading jewellery trade body India Bullion & Jewellers Association ( IBJA ) has indicated a 35% increase in volume terms over last year.
The price of 22 karat gold, which is used in jewellery, has fallen below 50,000 per 10 gms, which has encouraged consumers to buy. Jewellers are witnessing a lot of pent-up demand in the market after a hiatus of almost eight months when concerns over the pandemic had forced consumers to avoid non-essential purchases and conserve cash.
“Sales have picked up very well since […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content