(Bloomberg) — Endeavour Mining Corp., the acquisitive gold producer backed by Egyptian billionaire Naguib Sawiris, agreed to buy Teranga Gold Corp. in the latest deal to reshape the sector.
After Barrick Gold Corp. and Newmont Corp. two years ago created behemoths that dwarf the rest of the industry, other gold miners are trying to consolidate to remain relevant to shareholders. Helped by record gold prices, that’s led to a flurry of deals across the sector as smaller producers beef up their scale.
Endeavour said last week it was discussing a “merger of equals style” deal with Teranga after the talks were first reported by Bloomberg. Endeavour is offering 5.1% premium to Teranga’s closing price on Friday, valuing its equity at C$2.44 billion ($1.86 billion), according to Bloomberg calculations.
The combined company will produce about 1.5 million ounces of gold a year across West Africa, making it one of the 10 largest producers. […]
Click here to view original web page at finance.yahoo.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!