Veteran commodities trader Larry Williams offers advice for investing in oil and gold. Commodities traders have been bombarded by a constant flow of market-moving news this year, from the U.S.-China trade deal to the pandemic and the U.S. presidential elections. But veteran trader Larry Williams has some sound advice: don’t get sucked in by the news of the day, and focus on the fundamentals.
The commodities market is “influenced largely by supply and demand,” says Williams, author of several books on trading, including Long-Term Secrets to Short-Term Trading . He’s also the developer of the Williams %R , a momentum indicator, which can determine if a market is overbought or oversold, and he runs the website IReallyTrade.com, which offers stock-trading and investing courses.
Williams says you really “need to study fundamentals in these markets to get a longer-term view of them.” In other words, tune out the noise and you’ll get […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content