Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold futures prices are solidly up in midday U.S. trading Thursday. Safe-haven demand is featured late this week as the early-week stock market rallies are now becoming suspect amid the spike in Covid-19 cases in the U.S. and Europe. The precious metals are also seeing some support from a weaker U.S. dollar index on this day. December gold futures were last up $19.60 at $1,881.30 and December Comex silver was last up $0.173 at $24.44 an ounce.
Global stock markets were mixed overnight, while U.S. stock indexes are mixed to lower at midday. The U.S. has seen over 240,000 deaths and more than 10.3 million confirmed Covid-19 infections, with new cases soaring to […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content