Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold prices are holding firm as the U.S. labor market continues to see significant improvement as fewer American worker applied for weekly unemployment benefits. Although gold is holding firm support, prices remain well below the critical psychologically important level of $1,900 an ounce.
Thursday the U.S. Labor Department said that weekly jobless claims fell by 48,000 to 709,000. The data were better than expected; market consensus called for initial claims to be round 730,000.
The four-week moving average for new claims – often viewed as a more reliable measure of the labor market since it flattens week-to-week volatility – fell to 755,250, down by 33,250 claims from the previous week.Continuing jobless claims, which represent […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content