Gold bars Higher gold prices produced record cash flow. The realized gold price in the quarter was $1,926, up from $1,725 in the second quarter and $1,476 in the third quarter last year.
Free cash flow of $1.3 billion was a record, Barrick said, up 151% from last year’s third quarter. Revenue of $3.54 billion beat the consensus of analysts tracked by FactSet by 5.3%.
Shares of Barrick rose 4.5% in morning trading on Thursday. They are up 47% this year compared to a 6.6% gain in the S&P 500 .
as investors sought a haven from the falling dollar and market volatility, and that has boosted shares of mining stocks. The VanEck Vectors Gold Miners ETF (GDX) rose 5.7% on Thursday and is up 38% this year.The metal jumped 2% on Thursday, edging above $1,935 to a nearly two-week high on the prospect of higher government spending should the Democrats […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content