Pic: Giphy.com share
ASX uranium stocks have reacted to another risk event stemming from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, amid unconfirmed reports a nuclear power plant is on fire after Russian shelling.
The plant is situated in Zaporizhzhia, a city in south-eastern Ukraine, and is the largest nuclear power plant in Europe.
Reports emerged this morning (Australian time) that the local mayor said firefighters were unable to put out a blaze at the plant because Russian forces kept firing at it.The commentary was distributed via the NEXTA Channel, a news outlet headquartered in Belarus.The market selloff then appeared to accelerate following this tweet from Ukraine foreign affairs minister Dmytro Kuleba. Russian army is firing from all sides upon Zaporizhzhia NPP, the largest nuclear power plant in Europe. Fire has already broke out. If it blows up, it will be 10 times larger than Chornobyl! Russians must IMMEDIATELY cease the fire, allow firefighters, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content