It’s been a turbulent couple of months for the sectors of the precious metals, and the Gold Miners Index (GDX) continues to massive underperform gold, down nearly 25% from its year-to-date highs. However, while the index has been busy correcting, gold miners are reporting their highest profits since 2011, and have hiked their dividend yields to just shy of 10-year highs.
Given that most gold producers are pulling the metal off the ground for less than $1,000/oz and still have massive margins despite the 12% correction in gold (GLD) , we could have a buying opportunity on our hands if this weakness continues. However, with over 50 names in the GDX to choose from, it’s not easy to separate the wheat from the chaff. Let’s take a look at which three are stand-outs in the sector currently: (Source: TC2000.com)
In a market where the S&P-500’s (SPY) dividend yield has dipped to […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content