US uranium miners look set to prosper in 2021 if President Biden can successfully legislate his plan for 100% carbon free electricity by 2035. That is because the US currently gets about 55% of its carbon-free electricity from nuclear power which relies on uranium as its feed source. 100% carbon free US electricity will mean a massive boost towards solar, wind, and nuclear energy. Another boost for US uranium producers will be the US$150M pa proposed for the next 10 years to build a US uranium reserve. Combine all this with a global deficit of uranium (constrained supply and growing demand) and we get the perfect tailwind for US uranium miners in 2021.
Clearly, the market is already seeing this with leading US uranium miners such as Energy Fuels Inc. (NYSE American: UUUU | TSX: EFR) ( +471% ) and Ur‐Energy Inc. (NYSE American: URG | TSX: URE) ( +238% […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content