Shares of junior uranium miners shot through the roof today. As of the market’s close on Wednesday, Uranium Energy (NYSEMKT: UEC), Energy Fuels (NYSEMKT: UUUU), and Ur-Energy (NYSEMKT: URG) were up 6.1%, 9.5%, and 8.2%, respectively. As if the emergence of the world’s first exchange-traded fund (ETF) that invests in physical uranium wasn’t enough to stir up frenzied buying in uranium stocks, big nuclear energy news from Japan this morning added fuel to the enthusiasm. So what
Miners’ profitability depends a great deal on uranium prices. After a lull that lasted years, uranium spot prices crossed $30 per pound in 2020, only to give up some gains as 2021 kicked off. Prices have bounced back by double digits since, though, triggering hopes of better days ahead for uranium miners.
The enthusiasm hit a whole new level when the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust Fund started trading on the Toronto […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content