Shares of uranium mining company Uranium Energy ( NYSEMKT:UEC ) jumped 11% as of 2:50 p.m. EDT Wednesday after The Wall Street Journal reported this morning on how "day traders are driving uranium prices higher."
The cost of yellowcake has risen 46% since early August, reported the Journal , hitting $47.10 per pound — and according to data from TradingMarkets.com, it’s up another 3.7% today. Image source: Getty Images. So what
Does a 3.7% rise in the price of a product justify an 11% rise in the price of a stock that produces that product, though?I’m not so sure it does. Fourteen years ago, uranium hit an all-time high price of $137 a pound, roughly triple today’s prices. But at today’s price of $48.85 per pound, uranium still needs to rise another 23% before it even reaches the $60-a-pound level at which experts at MiningReview.com believe mining uranium […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fool.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!