Gold is poised for long-term gains, no matter who wins the U.S. election, say analysts. The U.S. presidential election has been more of a distraction than a direct influence on the gold market, but expect the precious metal to be a winner no matter the outcome.
For gold, the election isn’t a “blue versus red” competition between the Democrats and Republicans, says Frank Holmes, chief executive officer of U.S. Global Investors. It is a “push the gold button” event, he says.
Investors should consider buying real assets and gold given the Federal Reserve balance sheet expansion and understated inflation, he says. These are among the reasons why Holmes believes gold will climb to $4,000 by 2023.
Futures prices for gold have already climbed by 57% since the day Republican President Donald Trump took office on Jan. 20, 2017. On Nov. 2, prices GCZ20, +0.97% GC00, +0.97% settled at $1,892.50. They are up […]
Click here to view original web page at www.marketwatch.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!