Fission Uranium (TSX:FCU) was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Kelowna, British Columbia. At $0.97 per share at writing, the small-cap uranium stock almost hit a market cap of $638 million. Ross McElroy leads the company as president, CEO, and chief geologist. He is a professional geologist with 35 years of mining industry experience. He has held positions at BHP Billiton , Cogema Canada, and Cameco . Notably, he was also a member of the early-stage discovery team of the MacArthur River uranium deposit. What happened?
Fission Uranium stock surged as much as 14.8% yesterday but ended the day with an appreciation of 10.2%, which was still impressive. As discussed in a Bloomberg article , there were protests in Kazakhstan, the world’s number one uranium producer . The event could usher uranium prices higher, which is why the uranium stock rallied.
However, do note that commodity and small-cap […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content