shares are up 11.3%, followed by Denison Mines ( NYSEMKT:DNN ) with a 13.5% gain, Ur-Energy ( NYSEMKT:URG ) is up 13.7%, and Uranium Energy ( NYSEMKT:UEC ) is leading the pack higher — up 14.1%
And you can thank Sprott Physical Uranium Trust Fund ( OTC:SRUU.F ) for that. Image source: Getty Images. So what
As Financial Times reports today, the price of uranium yellowcake has soared to its highest level seen since 2014 as private investors bid against nuclear power companies for access to the fuel. Sprott in particular, reports Financial Times , has "snapped up" 6 million pounds of physical uranium, worth about $240 million, over the past couple of months, bringing its total holdings to about 24 million pounds.According to Bloomberg, that’s equivalent to about 26% of all uranium sold all around the world in 2020.Factor in the 16 million pounds of uranium held […]
Click here to view original web page at www.fool.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!