After enjoying a nice run-up earlier in the week, uranium stocks melted down on Friday. As of 3:30 p.m. EDT, shares of uranium mining company Energy Fuels ( NYSEMKT:UUUU ) are down 10%, NexGen Energy ( NYSEMKT:NXE ) is off 10.2%, and Uranium Energy ( NYSEMKT:UEC ) is suffering worst of all — down 12.1%.
The funny thing is, there doesn’t appear to be an obvious reason for the sell-off. Image source: Getty Images. So what
To the contrary, this morning shares of two of the bigger names in uranium mining, Denison Mines ( NYSEMKT:DNN ) and Cameco ( NYSE:CCJ ), both got a lift from Wall Street when investment bank Raymond James assigned higher price targets to each: C$2.40 for Denison and C$34 for Cameco.That should have been good news for peer uranium stocks like Energy Fuels, NexGen, and Uranium Energy — but apparently wasn’t.At the same […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content