The Witwatersrand asset is more than just a precious metals play, with West Wits on course to advance uranium exploration over its iconic gold property. A circular shaft at the Bird Reef Central Uranium Project. West Wits Mining Ltd ( ASX:WWI ) is jumping on board uranium’s revival as it advances radioactive exploration over its flagship Witwatersrand Basin Project (WBP) in South Africa.
The gold explorer and project developer has restated its uranium exploration target to align with JORC 2012 standards as it looks to resurrect the hunt for uranium.
WWI last explored for the nuclear energy source in 2008, training its eye on Witwatersrand Bird Reef Central Uranium Project.
That program uncovered consistent uranium mineralisation over around 3.3 kilometres, with more than 7 kilometres of strike identified along the targeted Bird Reef section within the WBP’s existing mining right area. Uranium in spotlight Uranium is in the global crosshairs as the […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content