Eldorado Gold has signed an investment agreement with the Greek government, allowing the company to expand production at its Olympias mine to 650,000 tonnes per year. Courtesy of Eldorado Gold. (Like what you’re reading? Get our weekly recap delivered straight to your inbox each Friday.)
Welcome back to your weekly mining news recap, where we catch you up on some of the news you may have missed. This week’s headlines include enthusiasm for A.I.-assisted exploration , Eldorado Gold reaching an agreement regarding its Greek operations and Iamgold designing its Côté Gold mine project with autonomous technology in mind.
Vale has agreed to pay 37.7 billion reais ($8.98 billion) in compensation to the state of Minas Gerais for the collapse of the Brumadinho tailings dam in January 2019, as reported by Bloomberg . The agreement is about two-thirds of the initial amount of R$54.6 billion ($13 billion) sought by the government […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content